Main Menu Content

Certificate of Residence

Issuance of a Certificate of Residence

  • Summary
    • This application form is for Koreans living abroad and Koreans with foreign nationality who wish to get a Certificate of Residence
  • For
    • Those who have reported their residence in Korea (Koreans living abroad and Koreans with foreign nationality )
  • How to Apply
  • Office in Charge
    • Office: Local gu office, community center, or Immigration Office
    • Website: Korean Government Civil Application website (

      ※ Digital Certificate required

      ※ Online Application: Minwon 24-hour Call Center (1588-2188)

  • Documents
    Documents : Vsitor, Required Documents
    Visitor Required Documents
    Applicant himself/herself
    • ① eport of Residence (Cannot be substituted with a passport)
    • ① Applicant's ID
    • ② Certificate of Family Relationship
    • ① Applicant's ID
    • ② Power of Attorney (Applicant's signature or seal required)
    • ③ ID of the proxy
  • Processing Time
    • Instant
  • Inquiries
    • Immigration Office (Hotline: 1345)

※ Koreans living abroad and foreign national Koreans with foreign nationality who have entered the Republic of Korea and overseas Koreans in accordance with the Overseas Korean Act.

※ If your period of stay has expired or you have lost your Certificate of Residence, you must visit and inquire at the Immigration Office.