Main Menu Content



  • The standard voltage in Korea is 220V, at 60Hz. You should check the voltage and frequency before using electronics you’ve brought from abroad. A monthly electric bill is issued on the following month. For multi-unit buildings, such as an apartment or officetel, the bill is included in the management expenses.
  • If you have any questions about paying, signing up for, or reporting problems with electric bills, you can call the 24-hour Electricity Customer Center for the Korea Electric Power Corporation.
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)


  • Although most homes in Seoul use city gas, some cities without city gas facilities use LPG. In Seoul, city gas is supplied by Seoul City Gas. If you live in a house that uses LPG, call a nearby gas supplier to order gas for delivery.
  • If you want to use city gas after moving in, you should contact a city gas supplier to have it installed. A city gas company employee will visit your place and install the city gas lines on the designated date.
  • It is dangerous to install and remove gas lines by yourself. It should be done by a city gas company employee for your safety.
  • Visit the Korea Gas Association website for further information on city gas companies near your home.
Korea City Gas Association


  • Water fees are charged every two months. Water fees include waterworks, sewage, and water charges. Call the Waterworks Headquarters or visit its website for further information.
Office of Waterworks Seoul Metropolitan Government

How to prevent water meters from freezing and bursting in the winter

Water meters may freeze and burst when the temperature drops below freezing in the winter. Fill the inside of the water meter with an old cloth or towel and cover the outside with vinyl in advance to prevent cold air from getting in. In addition, always leave your faucets dripping to prevent the pipes from freezing.