Main Menu Content

Certificate of Entry and Departure

Issuance of Certificate of Entry and Departure

  • Summary
    • This certificate is used to prove your entry to and departure from this country.
  • For
    • Korean nationals and foreigners wishing to receive the Certificate of Entry and Departure (available also for those who have never left the country.)
  • How to Apply
  • Office in Charge
    • Office: Local gu office, community center, or Immigration Office
    • Website: Korean Government Civil Application website ( ※ Digital Certificate required
  • Documents
    Documents : Vsitor, Required Documents
    Visitor Required Documents
    Applicant himself/herself (Adult)
    • ① ID
      • Resident Registration Card.Driver's License, Passport, Certificate of Alien   Registration, Residence Report
    • ① Applicant's ID
    • ② Power of Attorney (Applicant's signature or seal required)
    • ③ ID of the proxy
    Legal Representative (Minor)
    • ① ID of the legal representative
    • ② Certificate of Family Relationship (Certificate of Resident Registration, Health Insurance Card)
  • Processing Time
    • Instant
  • Inquiries
    • Immigration Office (Hotline: 1345)

※ The Certificate of Entry and Departure is a form that includes only the dates of departure and entry; it is only used to prove that the individual was not in Korea during the period specified. Therefore, it does show which country the individual has visited and left or the purpose of visit.

※ The following documents can be submitted in lieu of a power of attorney :

  1. Legal Representative: Document specifying the relationship between the legal representative and applicant.
  2. if the applicant is a minor and one of the parents is applying on behalf of the minor: Certificate of Family Relationship (Ex: Birth Certificate)
  3. if the applicant is missing or dead and one of the direct family members is applying on behalf of the person:Documents proving that the person is missing or dead, Certificate of Family Relationship and the applicant's ID. (Ex: A report saying that the person has run away from home (Original copy only, since a copy can be forged.), Death Certificate, Autopsy Report or Family Census Removal Registration)
  4. if the applicant is a foreign national who has permanently left the country and his/her former employer or the legal representative is applying on behalf of the individual: Employment Agreement with the applicant